KaramojAmanda

Saturday, October 14, 2006

"Markete Day"

I'm going through old Karamoja pictures this morning, and found this one of the colorful Namalu market. (In Ugandan English an "a" (as in "up") sound is added at the end of Market Day.)

Tomorrow the Eldeens are giving a presentation at church, complete with many pictures...but that's for junior high kids and up, so I'm going to teach the younger kids. Aiyaiyai. Thankfully, I got several volunteers to help out. Amy is even going to teach a Kiswahili song, and I printed out coloring sheets with a verse in Karamojong: "Tomina akuj ekapolon kon ka ekonitau a daadang," or "love the Lord your God with all your heart..." We're going to sit on mats and even get "biscuits" for snacks, so I think it will be a fun way to learn more about Africa (which I, for one, didn't know much about as a kid, and still don't know enough about) and how God is working in other parts of the world. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • The colors are so lovely! It's bright. Yesterday I saw an African woman and her three children waiting for a bus on a corner on Canyon Road in Beaverton. They were all dressed in these wonderful colors. I look at your website every day and pray for the people of Karamojo. I loved seeing you and your family when I was in Billings in September!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home