KaramojAmanda

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Oh, the mud

When Amy and I went to Agirowas' place, where Bob was drilling a bore hole, we rode on her piki. (Cruising along a dirt road on the back of a motor bike is FUN!) The mud off the road was a little tricky to get through, though. I usually got off and walked through the mud - which sucks at the bottom of your Tevas like you're walking through thick glue - while Amy carefully made her way along the 30 feet of mud trail to where Bob's truck was parked. Somehow I was always pretty splattered with mud by the time we left again. Amy either had more experience avoiding mud on her clothes, or there's something about being Dutch that repels it! :)


Lodem Thomas and Bob drilling the bore hole

As you can see, mud boots are a good thing to have when you're drilling.

1 Comments:

  • We lived near Namalu in the prison compound about 20 years ago (1982). I remember all the mud and the boots.
    I've so enjoyed reading what you've written about the Karamajong. I ran an orphanage while my parents set up an area for the widows and children.
    Keep up the good work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home