KaramojAmanda

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rainy Days


akiru
Originally uploaded by alscalvin.
After weeks of being on fire (Billings has been gray with smoke all month), Montana is finally getting some rain. The mountains here won't ever look like this, but it will certainly be a relief to have some moisture.

These trees remind me of the Babar books I read over and over again as a kid. I kept half-expecting (or at least *hoping*) to see a giraffe poking his head around one! Sadly, all the wildlife I saw (besides some roaches and other miscellaneous bugs) was a toad and a very small deer (maybe too big and not cute enough to be a dik-dik?).

But rain and fields and mountains are pretty nice without any wildlife, too...

3 Comments:

  • but I didn't so much as see one snake this time (although the cobra in 2004 of course helps make up for that)! The geckos were very cute, though. I didn't mind them scurrying around my room.

    I didn't even see the rats that infested the schoolhouse, although Amy had several run-ins with them, and I'd hear them sometimes...

    By Blogger Amanda, at 4:37 PM  

  • did you know that Babar now comes on NBC on Saturday mornings?

    By Blogger dangermama, at 1:16 PM  

  • no, I'll have to watch it sometime. :) does Gabe like it?

    By Blogger Amanda, at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home