KaramojAmanda

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Fellowship

This morning we celebrated the Lord's Supper at my home church in Billings. It's always the thing I most look forward to on the first Sunday of every month; not because I usuallu feel something really profound or some super closeness to God, but sometimes I realize my own sin and what forgiveness looks like. And how closely we're joined as one body in Christ (whether we always want to be or not).

Today as our pastor, Alfred, said "The blood of Christ, given for us," I thought of enemies for some reason (maybe he said something about that), which led to the Pekot, the old enemies of my friends in Nakaale. I had to repeat it in my head, "The blood of Christ, given for the Pekot" because it didn't sound right, like, will any of the Pekot really be saved? (As if they're somehow different than the rest of us!) But then all sorts of names started going through my mind, back and forth between Billings and Karamoja: Christ's blood, shed for Kyalo, Alfred, Joyce... God really does bring his children together at the table. It doesn't give me a warmy fuzzy feeling, but I feel like I'm kind of beginning to grasp the solid reality of God's kingdom.

And on the subject of the worldwide church...my friend Melodee spent a summer in Mozambique several years ago, on a trip with Teen Missions International. Hopefully she'll be guest-posting about some of her experiences there; I'm looking forward to hearing more about it!

2 Comments:

  • thats cool - our church does communion the first sunday of the month too - except for this month b/c we have Christmas Eve Communion

    By Blogger dangermama, at 10:08 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger dangermama, at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home