KaramojAmanda

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

There's beeing some rioting...

in Kampala this past week. You can read more at these blogs: No Hurry in Africa and Cara in Uganda. I haven't checked the papers yet. Anyway, it sounds like things are settling down. Museveni is infinitely better compared to Idi Amin, after all, and so I think a lot of Ugandans are reluctant to give him the boot if he won't go reasonably. Maybe he knows he's got them in an unfortunate situation...he's not being very democratic, but he's not killing anyone either, at least as long as he stays in power. Makes me realize how good it is to be an American...

Katie says that the K'moja mission was planning to spend Thanksgiving in Kampala, but aren't sure if that's wise at this point. If you think of it, please pray for them. I think it's been a while since they've all gone and done something fun like that. Pray for Uganda too; they've already been through enough horror to last another thousand years, i hope.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for posting those links. I enjoyed reading them. My friend just left Uganda last week and is in Rwanda right now. I can't wait to hear about her experiences when she gets home in a couple weeks!

    By Blogger ashleigh, at 4:10 PM  

  • Ashleigh, I'm glad you enjoyed the links. wow, your friend must have had some amazing experiences! I bet she'll be excited to have someone to share them with. :)

    By Blogger Amanda, at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home