KaramojAmanda

Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Karamoja Gift Guide

My dad mentioned at dinner the other night that we should write a Karamojong gift guide. I offer you a preview of this definitive work on the blog. ;) Below you will see some fine cowhide sandals sold to me for probably too much (5000 shillings=$2.50). Amos sold them to me, but i believe he bought them off someone else, because there was an old man there who adjusted the straps for me. One is still way too tight, but then I don't exactly wear them every day, so it's all good! Amos said that only the men wore them (before the invention of flipflops made from old tires), but since I was just a mzunga it was okay.

Karamoja sandals

See the rest of the pictures on flickr.

8 Comments:

  • coo, so do we order these direct from you... :P

    By Blogger dangermama, at 1:12 PM  

  • well, for only $99.99...

    actually, if you want one of the aluminum bracelets, I have 3 left. I'd be happy to give one to each of the first three of you that want one. Only thing is, once you put one on you pretty much have to leave it, because too much bending will snap it!

    By Blogger Amanda, at 1:16 PM  

  • Oh! I didn't know you had any left. I want one, because they are so pretty, but I don't know if I could get used to wearing it all the time. I've never been much for watches and bracelets. So give them first to people who would wear them, and if you have one left over, give it to me for my Africa shelf :)

    By Blogger Melodee, at 6:56 AM  

  • Melodee, i don't like wearing jewelry either, but my karimoja bracelet doesn't bug me at all.

    By Blogger Rachel Schaner, at 8:28 AM  

  • Nice feet.
    If you have a spare, a bracelet would be swell. But if you don't, that's cool too.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 6:54 AM  

  • Ok, one for Melodee, one for Andrea, one left. ;)

    By Blogger Amanda, at 7:11 AM  

  • Id like one please, oddly enough, those were my favorite thing

    By Blogger dangermama, at 1:17 PM  

  • ok, great! I'll e-mail you tonight to get address info and stuff...

    By Blogger Amanda, at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home