KaramojAmanda

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Akiru

Karamoja has been having a ton of rain (akiru) even though it's the dry season - someone told Katie it's more rain this year than in the last 10 years! Oh, Katie also says that she and Amy politely ate a mash of stuff like posho, pumpkin, and beer (nagwe) that a village woman offered them. They didn't want it, and it was probably some little kid's dinner, but they didn't want to insult her; what to do?

Some friends, Chrissie and Mackie, went back to K'moja with Craig and Kris; I hope they're having a great time. Sounds like they got right into the swing of things (they've been there a week and a half now)!

This is a post of rather random subjects. Lately I've been thinking for quite a while how much easier it was to read the Bible consistantly in K'moja. Maybe because I had a somehow flexible schedule and all I had to do in the mornings was get up and get dressed, pretty much. So I could just sit at the table and read while I ate breakfast. It helped too that Nolan was always doing devotions when I got up, too. Now it's so easy to be busy, distracted, what, what (as they say in Uganda). Now I do them at night...when I'm too tired. So I'm trying to change my habits, but it's slow work!

Oh, and I have a Swahili question. What's the difference between "mzungu" and "mzunga"? I thought maybe one was a female version, but it seems like they get used interchangeably.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home