KaramojAmanda

Monday, April 28, 2008

H is for Harper Lee

As if just being in Karamoja again wasn't enough, in 2005 I also got to lead a literature class on one of my favorite books, To Kill a Mockingbird. Katie, Em, and Rachel kindly put up with my first real attempt at teaching lit. and I, at least, had fun! The best part was hearing the other girls' impressions of characters that I'd always thought of very differently. I remember best our discussion of Mr Dolphus Raymond, who sipped Coke from a paper sack and thus "perpetrated fraud against himself" (since everyone assumed it was whiskey); we were all amused and touched by his kindness to Scout, Jem, and Dill.

(Today is Harper Lee's birthday, by the way.)

2 Comments:

  • I need to reread that book again. I LOVE it, but I want to read Prince Caspian, again, before the movie comes out. Hope everything is well with you.
    ~Sarah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 PM  

  • You did a lovely job,Amanda. Good Times. :)
    ~Katie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home