KaramojAmanda

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ejoka

It's been a while since I posted, but in that time I've a) bought a house, which is a whole story in itself and b) visited with the Wrights, who were passing through. That was too fun, completely - I only wish they could've stayed longer!

About the house: its previous owners had some ties to Africa, judging by the decorations they had. I fell in love with it for many reasons, but that was just the icing on the cake. Now I need to figure out where I'm going to put my two Karimojong spears, stool, and similar items.

While I haven't been posting about Karamoja, I've been reading about it. Check out Caked in Red Clay, the blog of a Canadian journalist living in Kampala and writing occasionally about K'moja. He's had lots of interesting experiences so far, and writes about them like a good journalist.

4 Comments:

  • Yay! I'm so excited for you! I think trying to decide where to put your Karamoja decor is an EXCELLENT problem to have.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 2:24 PM  

  • You could put the spears near the front entrance (or beside your bed) and if anyone tries to break in, you could brandish them -- while calling 911.

    Congratulations on buying your own home!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:16 PM  

  • Thanks, guys! Berta, what a great idea. I like it. :)

    By Blogger Amanda, at 7:43 PM  

  • congrats on the new house!

    I saw this and thought of you...
    http://cgi.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5478455>1=10357

    (this is Addie, by the way)

    By Blogger addie&daniel, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home