KaramojAmanda

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Of frogs

I was searching for science photos at work today, and came across lots of kids holding big, fat frogs. They reminded me of Bob Wright; he learned how to rub a frog's belly so that it would relax and just lay on its back in his hand. One night we (Wrights, Proctors, and I) were eating at the Landmark Inn in Mbale, and the kitchen was running a little behind schedule. So while we sat outside in the yard in the twilight, Bob caught a frog and sat there calming it down and holding it for a good half hour while Phil smoked his pipe and we slapped at mosquitoes.


This is not a frog, but what we found in the empty milk jar at Bob & Martha's one morning

That was in 2004. This last summer, Nolan brought in his workboots after lunch one day, and to my surprise dumped out three frogs...

Good times!

2 Comments:

  • You have such an interesting site here! I have been trying to pronounce the name. The way I have come to do it is -- care ah' mo ja man' da. Is that the correct way?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 PM  

  • this post made me laugh - thanks...

    By Blogger dangermama, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home