KaramojAmanda

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The First Week

More or less...

Saturday, April 22nd

This afternoon Katie and Emily and Rachel had a lit. lesson in Chrissie's banda (I audited). It was very fun - we read the hilarious last scene in A Midsummer Night's Dream then had tea in real teacups Chrissie had got at Janam (groceries) and also snacked on muffins. Then we rehearsed our act from AMSND.


April 23rd

This afternoon it was too muddy - probably also too cold - for an afternoon worship service, so we got together in the courtyard instead, the missionaries and also Elizabeth and Kyalo [from the clinic] and baby Faith. They've started singing a lot of songs from Billings (or Pear Tree Music) since I was hear last, which is quite a cool experience...to be singing the likes of "Sanctus" in Africa, I mean. It made me suddenly look forward to heaven, where American and Karamojong will always be worshipping together.

On Friday I sat in on Anna and Bobby's Arabic lesson and learned a new word, ASHeer, juice. So you got any Middle Eastern juice containers that need read, I can read them. Really, it's impressive how much Bobby and Anna know. Martha thought this might be more fun than just giving them language arts type worksheets!

Other tidbits: I have only a curtain instead of a door to the bathroom in my room, because one day Joyce opened the door and it fell off. Termites had eaten it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home