KaramojAmanda

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Kampala

The capital of Uganda is Kampala, a noisy crowded city where traffic is insane. I couldn't figure out any of the driving rules, but thankfully Bob (who was driving) did. I'd hate to live there, but it was fun visiting!

Eating pizza in the outdoor Italian restaurant in Kampala, where I ordered a beer for the first time (a bit surreal that it was an italian beer). This is from my first trip, in 2004.

Kampala, on a not-very-busy street

One of my favorite pictures/memories from this Kampala trip...hanging out at the mall before going to see The Prisoner of Azkaban. I haven't posted it before because it's such a nerdy picture, but we were having a really good time. :) Rachel, Bobby, and I also got ice cream, which wasn't really the texture of American ice cream, but tasted good just the same. This is the only theater I've ever been to where you can buy popcorn and two glass bottles of pop for around $2!

2 Comments:

  • Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sarah; I really enjoy reading your journal. I'm hoping to be in Uganda from mid June-mid July with the OPC missionaries in Karamoja. Currently, I am a nursing student, but will have graduated in June. I have been told I will most likely be working in the medical clinic. My e-mail address is SarahPsalm67@hotmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM  

  • Hi, Sarah! I just sent you an email...

    By Blogger Amanda, at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home