KaramojAmanda

Friday, September 02, 2005

Running water...

I was thinking in the shower this morning how nice it is to have hot water - not to mention fresh running water, considering what's going on in New Orleans and other places devasted by the hurricane. But in Karamoja most of the time cold showers don't feel that bad - much better than staying dirty, anyway. :) Although there were several times when I wimped out and just couldn't stand the thought of freezing water.

Even when we occasionally ran out of running water (solar power doesn't work so well on stormy days), though, there were still pretty convenient ways of cleaning up. During one very rainy Saturday, Amy and some of the other girls and I ran outside for a shower under the rain gutter. It was the cleanest my hair had gotten in weeks thanks to all the water pressure! Craig snapped pictures of us from the safety of his doorway...


Rain-gutter shower

By the way, I changed the blog's name back to KaramojAmanda because I like that way better; I had "Amanda's Karamoja Trip Blog" up because I was too lazy to try to figure out meta tags for search engines, but that wasn't working anyway, so I dropped it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home