KaramojAmanda

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Rose's baby is due soon...

Martha just e-mailed me this morning, asking me to pray for Rose, whose baby is expected soon. (See my previous post about her.) Last year when she was pregnant I was so anxious, knowing how badly she wanted another child after many past miscarriages or losing children to illness. I didn't think she'd have another chance after that last miscarriage - her husband even took another wife...temporarily, I guess, as she wasn't as good to him as Rose - so imagine my surprise to learn that she was pregnant again.

This time, for some reason, I'm almost more sure that it's her "last chance," but don't feel plagued by worry as I did last year. I actually have a lot more hope that this baby will live; and also hope for her, even it doesn't. Not sure how to say it so it makes sense: it's just, I've seen grace filling her even through suffering, and that comforts somehow. It will break my heart if this baby dies, too, but it won't be a hopeless grieving, like it was last year.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home