KaramojAmanda

Friday, March 24, 2006

It's kind of fun shopping for stuff the folks in Nakaale need, although with all the school supplies, etc., it's looking like it might not all fit in the three suitcases/action packers I'll be allowed. Two years ago Bob Wright was in Billings, and said he'd gotten pretty much everything on Martha's list...except he was having some trouble finding Romano cheese. Grocery shopping is one my favorite things, though, so I'm enjoying picking out dried fruit and things. That said, it's a lot harder to find school books and things like that. If you know of a good site where a broad range of used textbooks are sold, please let me know! :) (Thankfully, my dad is going to help out with finding all the more technical stuff - cables and so on.)

The resumed Bible studies in the villages this week went well - Katie said that in Kopetatum, the village furthest away, the kids were still remembering much of the stuff they'd learned three months earlier, before the meningitis started.

Here's what Chrissie says about the kids' study on Thursday - something I can really relate to!
we sang, then practiced the memory verse--about fifty times. the words come too quickly for me to hear and repeat all the sounds. so i just chose one word: ngikingom, seeds. all the kids could say the verse by the end. joyce then explained the parable of the four soils, and we ended with singing and dancing. it didn't even rain on us, though the skies looked threatening.


I'm hoping to buy a digital camera with audio/video so you can see movies when I come back...

4 Comments:

  • They seem to have regular lists running of more things than any one person could possibly haul there! Will Jake be able to take some of the stuff when he goes perhaps?

    By Blogger Anna Murnion, at 8:58 PM  

  • awesome... I will look and see what I can come up with for textbooks

    By Blogger dangermama, at 1:23 PM  

  • I'm hoping Jake will be able to take some of the stuff! the Eldeens will probably have some things for him to bring, too.

    thanks, Addie! Any help is much appreciated. :)

    By Blogger Amanda, at 7:00 PM  

  • ummm.... just curious, but do you have any thrift stores around - ours usually have textbooks for cheap there

    By Blogger dangermama, at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home