KaramojAmanda

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Ejoknooi! - Letter from Amanda

Amanda was able to email us yesterday from Mbale, so I thought I'd post it for all to see!

Ejoknooi! Sorry I haven't been able to e-mail yet - don't be too disappointed. You can trust God that I am doing just swell. ;-) Anyway, in Karamoja I'm staying w/ the Tricaricos in the big house - sharing a roomwith Katie, Emily, and Maria. The whole family is very nice. Sat. was Kipsy's b-day so we had a party at the Wrights, and I've been able to spend quite a bit of time hanging out with Craig and Kris and the Wrights, which is GREAT! The schoolboys are home on vacation, too, so I had a big welcoming committee and am already getting to know lots of the little kids around here(I held Joyce's son Matthew, who was a baby last year, for most of Sunday School and the Segal's baby, Chillun [short for Achilla, I think], who goes naked except for a shirt and string of beads around his middle. They're all pretty cute.)

Rachel and I are having a good time on this little trip to Mbale (for the monthly missions meeting 0 I just hung out at the pool with everyone and then watched Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban w/ the Tricaricos and Nolanduring the meeting while the Wright kids were at other friends's houses.) Bobby, Rachel, Bob, and Martha and I all stayed at the CURE guest house last night.

Right when I came we started getting some good rains in Karamoja, so praise God for that. Hopefully the akiru will come coming down like this, so there will be a good sorghum crop this year.

Tomorrow I'll start teaching classes - To Kill a Mockingbird w/ the 3 oldest girls and a unit on electricity to the P4 class (Anna, Bobby, and JamesTricarico). Also, I think I'll be teaching at least one class either in the village or for Sunday School using the Walk thru the Bible material.

Anyway, I was initially anxious about how to fit in with everyone this time, but it's all working out and I'm delighted to be here. Mark Bube of the OPC Missions and a film crew are here and coming up to Karamoja this week so I might be on camera (ugh!). I was already in a group shot of all the missionaries this morning. (But I guess I'm already "famous" because Bob andMartha used me and John Stafford as the "stars" of their last power point presentation. ;) )

I love you guys very much and am praying for you every day. DON'T WORRYABOUT ME!!!! =) I hope everything is going well with school and the business and new website, etc.

Love, Amanda


Edit from Anna:
Here is a picture of Amanda with the Wrights (all except Martha are in the picture) and some of the Proctor kids taken while she was there last year. I believe this was taken in Mbale, probably someplace similar to where she was talking about above.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

  • the harry potter thing surprised me

    By Blogger dangermama, at 10:54 AM  

  • Thanks for posting that Andrea! I thought about it, but since only sent the email to my parents (silly girl...), I figured you would take care of it. :-)

    By Blogger Anna Murnion, at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home